UPDATE: Kelowna shooting victim says it was a random attack

Written by admin on 26/07/2019 Categories: 苏州美甲纹绣培训

UPDATE – Global Okanagan news has been contacted by a man claiming to be one of the victims in a double shooting Sunday night.

He wouldn’t give his name but says he was shot six times in front of his house in a random attack by a drunk man.

The man disputes police statements that he has been uncooperative with investigators.

He says he was unable to earlier answer questions because of his injuries but gave a two hour interview with police Tuesday morning from his hospital bed.


The man claims he was in front of his house when the shooter approached and opened fire without provocation.

UPDATE: Kelowna RCMP confirm two men were gunned down in two separate shootings.

Police responded to a report of shots fired in the 1400 block Terai Road. A male was heard yelling followed by a number of gun shots and then silence.

Sgt. Greg Dickie says a 33-year-old man suffered six gunshot wounds, causing him to lose his spleen and to suffer a collapsed lung.

The victim is in critical condition but is expected to survive.

Police found another victim, 27, with a gunshot wound to his buttocks.

Sgt. Dickie says the two victims are not cooperating with police and are providing conflicting reports. The two men are known to police.

He says it is unclear how many suspects are involved in the shooting.

Police recovered a pellet gun and steel pipe in the neighbourhood, but do not believe those were the weapons used in the shooting.

RCMP believe this was a targeted shooting, saying the public’s safety is not at risk.

KELOWNA —; Unconfirmed reports say RCMP are searching for two suspects involved in a possible shooting.

Sources say two men were shot in a Kelowna neighbourhood at about 11 p.m. on Sunday.

One man is reportedly in critical condition, while the other is in stable condition. Both were taken to Kelowna’s hospital.

More to come.

—; with files from Neetu Garcha

Comments Off on UPDATE: Kelowna shooting victim says it was a random attack