Bail hearing pushed to November for 3 men charged in death of Nicholas Hannon

Written by admin on 26/07/2019 Categories: 广州桑拿网

WATCH: Police recover a body and announce murder charges in the death of Surrey teen Nicholas Hannon. Rumina Daya reports on how the victim’s family is reacting to the news that three of his friends are the accused.

Three men have been charged with murder in connection with the death of 19-year-old Nicholas Hannon.

Nicholas was reported missing on Feb. 27, 2014 after police found his vehicle abandoned at the dead end of McKinnon Crescent in Langley.

He was last seen by his younger brother on Feb. 26.

Despite numerous searches and tips from the public, the Integrated Homicide Investigation Team took over the case of Hannon’s disappearance last August.

Now three men have been charged with first-degree murder in the teen’s death.

WATCH: Craig Hannon speaks about his son’s murder

Twenty-year-old Bradley Flaherty, 20-year-old Keith Tankard and 21-year-old Connor Campbell appeared in a Surrey court on Sept. 8. An initial bail hearing was on Oct. 5,  where Campbell appeared in court in person and both Flaherty and Tankard by video, but it has now been pushed back to Nov. 4.  They will all remain in custody until their next appearance.

The three accused appeared in court on Sept. 8.

Nicholas’ dad, Craig, said these three men were friends of his son and had been welcomed into the family home many times before.

“Until this weekend, my family maintained a glimmer of hope that, just maybe, Nick would come barging through the front door and shout ‘I’m home!’,” said Craig. “Now we know that will never happen.”

He said the family is devastated and they feel betrayed by the three accused. “Never again will I be able to hug him and say ‘I love you buddy’.”

“Nicholas James Hannon was a great son,” added Craig. “He had a smile that would light up a room. Now the room won’t be so bright.”

Comments Off on Bail hearing pushed to November for 3 men charged in death of Nicholas Hannon